HONDA GENERATOR WARRANTY
4-YEAR DOMESTIC CONDITIONAL WARRANTY
*This is a Honda Dealer extended warranty period for items that are:
- Purchased from a New Zealand Honda Dealer after 01/01/2013
- Registered at the time of sale
- Serviced by a Honda Dealer in accordance with the Honda service schedule using Genuine Honda parts and oil (proof required)
- Meeting all other warranty requirements
HONDA LIMITED WARRANTY
The warranty applies to new purchased HONDA products identified by the Frame Serial number and if not applicable, then Engine Serial number.
Your Warranty Registration Form is your identification for warranty service.
In order to be eligible for the HONDA limited warranty you must have, maintenance performed according to the schedule contained in the relevant owner’s manual supplied with your Honda Power Equipment product, as supplied by an authorised HONDA dealer. HONDA will recognise your statutory rights under the Consumers Guarantee Act 1993. In order to ensure the safe operation of this product, we strongly recommend that you only use an authorised HONDA dealer for servicing. Only authorised HONDA Dealers have access to all of the special tools and training required to maintain your HONDA product in peak operating condition.
Power & Marine Limited warrants each new HONDA Engine or Honda Power Product (the latter is refered to as a Honda complete built unit or CBU), free from defect in material and workmanship under normal use and routine servicing, for the warranty period specified. Conditional to the limitations and exclusions listed below. The warranty schedule only applies to new HONDA products distributed in New Zealand by the Power Products Division of Power & Marine Limited.
The purchaser must keep a record of all service and maintenance history as proof of servicing history. This may be requested when assessing any future warranty claims.
To qualify for this HONDA Limited Warranty the warranty registration must be completed within ten (10) days, following the date of purchase.
The warranty registration must accompany the HONDA product when warrantable repairs are requested. If the warranty registration is lost or destroyed, proof of purchase documentation clearly recognising the engine serial number and or frame serial number as appropriate, in the case of Honda CBU, shall be accepted for warranty purposes. Where neither is available and Power & Marine Ltd does not have any record of the purchaser’s details the warranty period shall be calculated from the appropriate dealer wholesale sale date.
Any authorised HONDA Power Product dealer is further authorised to repair or replace any part which proves defective within the limits of this warranty at no charge to the owner, covering parts and labour. Consumable items such as, but not limited to, oils, coolants, filter and spark plugs shall be the responsibility of the owner. All defective parts replaced under this warranty become the property of Power & Marine Ltd. Transportation cost for the product either to or from an authorized HONDA dealer is the responsibility of the owner.
In cases where HONDA engines are fitted to OEM equipment (other manufacturer’s equipment), the HONDA engine maybe removed from the equipment by the OEM retailer before delivery to an authorized HONDA Engine or Power Equipment dealer for repair. The removal is not covered by the limited warranty.
- Any damage which results from neglect of periodic maintenance specified by Honda.
- Any damage which results from repair or maintenance operations by methods other than specified by Honda.
- Any product which has participated in a competition racing or rally event.
- Any damage which results from misuse or use beyond the limitations of the intended purpose specified by Honda, such as overloading, or use under abnormal conditions.
- Any damage which results from use of non-genuine parts, lubricant or fluid not approved by Honda.
- Any damage resulting from modification or installation in other products in a way not approved by Honda which has any influence on the function and/or performance of the products.
- Any damage which results from operation other than specified in the Owner’s Manual either intentionally or by error.
- Fading of painted surfaces, deterioration of plated surfaces, deterioration of rubber and plastics including, rusting due to the passage of time.
- Normal phenomena such as noise, vibration or oil seepage which are considered by Honda as not affecting the quality, function or performance of the product.
- Any damage due to improper storage or transport.
- Consumable replacement items: Spark plugs, contact points, shear pins, fuel strainers, oil filter elements, air cleaner elements, brake shoes or pads, clutch components, fuses, motor brushes, gaskets, tube or hoses, belts, cutting blades, light bulbs, serviceable bearings. Petroleum and others fluids: Oil, grease, battery electrolyte, and radiator coolant. Other items specified by Honda.
- Periodical maintenance items such as cleaning, inspection and adjustments.
- Any repair and/or adjustment performed by persons other than an authorised dealer, or damage resulting there from. As a rule warranty shall not be applied to the repair or adjustment performed by persons other than an authorised dealer.
- Any repair and/or adjustment to correct improper or poor quality work previously performed.
- Incidental expenses incurred in the warranty claim. For example: additional expenses such as those for towing, communications, hotel and meals, incurred due to breakdown of the product at a remote location. Any expense related to personal injury and/or property damage, (exclusive of the product itself). Compensation for loss of time, commercial losses or rental costs of a substitute product during the period of adjustment.
- Any damage which results from unavoidable natural disasters, fire, collision, theft, etc.
- Any normal wear or deterioration, such as that of sliding or rotating parts caused under normal operating conditions. For example: Normal wear to pistons, piston rings, cylinder bores, piston pins, valve seats, stems and bearings.
- Any damage resulting from exposure of the product to soot and smoke, medicines and chemical agents, sea water, sea breeze, salt or other environmental phenomena.
HOW TO CLAIM WARRANTY
In the event you are faced with a manufacturing fault with youR Honda product you can claim a repair or part replacement under warranty if the following conditions are fulfilled:
- The problem is related to production quality or specifications of the engine
- The engine is within the warranty period outlined in schedule
- The issue does not fall within the warranty exclusions listed
Take your Honda engine or Honda Power Product to an authorised Honda Dealer.
Present the Warranty Registration or invoice document providing proof of the date of purchase with reference to the product’s frame or serial number as appropriate.
- Domestic Use: Personal, residential or household use only.
- Commercial Use: All uses other than domestic use, including use for income producing (including farming) or rental purposes.
NOTE: These warranty conditions apply to New Zealand only.